This episode is a little different from what you’ve come to expect. I recently covered the Arizona Psychedelics Conference here in my home state of Arizona, hoping to learn from the insight gained by those who work in the healing world of psychedelic therapies. I had a chance to sit down with three incredible people who work in the field and get their ideas on human consciousness, based on their personal experiences and those with their patients and clients.
The first segment is with Kyle Buller, the co-founder of Psychedelics Today. Kyle has a BA in Transpersonal Psychology from Burlington College where he studied the healing potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness by exploring shamanism, plant medicine, Holotropic Breathwork, and psychedelic psychotherapy. We discussed his own Near Death Experience and what he learned about his own consciousness. You can learn more about his practice at www.settingsunwellness.com.
- Transpersonal breathwork, Stan and Christina Groff
- Vehicle to reach non-ordinary state of consciousness
- Transpersonal layers, non-waking consciousness
- NDE, and Kyle’s Experience
- Access to new information; new view of the world; map of how the world worked
- What is consciousness? Spirit? Body.
- What does it mean to be alive?
- Is the body a manifestation of a higher consciousness?
- Non-ordinary states of consciousness, altered states of consciousness
- The body is a receiver of consciousness, like a TV
- Mind-body spirit connection; body experience produces emotions, mind changes
- Cryptography of the human psyche
The second segment (at 48:50) is with Veronika Gold, co-founder, therapist, and consultant at Polaris Insight Center, San Francisco based clinic providing Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy We also had a great conversation on her clinic’s therapies, which are important to me, as a survivor of my son’s suicide, and she also shared her insight into human consciousness.
- Ketamine, suicide and my story
- Czech Republic, Revolution, Russian Invasion
- Transpersonal Conference, Stan Grof
- Holotropic breathwork and non-ordinary states of consciousness
- Fundamental consciousness
- Realization Process, Judith Blackstone
- Non-ordinary versus Altered States of Consciousness
- Ketamine’s insight into out-of-body or NDE
The third segment…isn’t here…I fat finger deleted it after the interview. So awful, because my conversation with Dr. Sam Ko was amazing. Dr. Ko is is a Board Certified Emergency Physician and founder of Reset Ketamine (www.resetketamine.com) in Palm Springs, CA. We really got into consciousness, layers of consciousness from the brain to human consciousness to universal consciousness. He really got me thinking and shed new light on my own perception of consciousness. I sure hope I can get back and re-do that interview.
So, please enjoy my conversation with Kyle Buller, followed by my interview with Veronika Gold.